I think it’s fair to assume that you have a sweet tooth, why else would you be here looking to combine your favourite strain with your favourite candy. We all have our go-to candy, whether it’s fuzzy peach, coke bottles or cherry blasters, these sugary coated drops of goodness have been in your life since you were a kid. Now you are looking to take your candy eating experience to the next level. THC infused gummies are discreet, easy to consume and delicious making them one of the best way to get your daily dose of cannabis. Creating homemade cannabis edibles is a popular hobby among cannabis consumers, many enjoy baking edibles like cannabis infused birthday cake, cookies and brownies, they are easy to make and can be customized to your specific needs. Unlike cannabis baked goods though, weed gummies haven’t been around as long so their popularity and availability are only starting to meet the demands. Many who enjoy cannabis gummies sometimes find them difficult to find, or if you purchase from a licenced retailer you can only acquire THC infused gummes that have extremely low doses. So just like baked goods many are now looking to make their own cannabis gummies to save on costs and get the dosage they require. Here we’ll get into how to make cannabis gummies, how to add the proper dosage and everything else you need to know to make your favourite candy even better.
Gummies Vs Baked Goods
For as long as we can remember, edibles have come in the form of baked goods. The ever famous batch of pot brownies, moms homemade cookie recipe with a psychedelic twist or that delicious birthday cake to make getting older easier. There are however disadvantages to cannabis baked goods, their potency can be misguided due to the unequal spread of cannabis and = they have a shorter shelf life because of the active natural ingredients involved. THC gummies on the other hand eliminate both those problems and add some additional bonuses. One of the main reasons people love THC gummies is the fact they taste like candy, not just any candy but all different types of candies, from Coke Bottles to Fuzzy Peaches, the options are endless when it comes to cannabis gummies. Along with the dozens and dozens of flavour options, cannabis edibles are the clear winner when it comes to storing and preserving over a long period of time. With less fresh ingredients then a baked good, weed gummies can last much longer, especially when stored in the freezer. The size of the gummies also makes it much more desirable, they are usually only a few centimetres in size allowing them to be more discreet and easily transferred around for easy dosing at any time. Gummies also provide extremely precise dosing options, each gummy can be crafted with a specific amount of cannabis to meet the appropriate needs and strength each user needs. Last but certainly not least is the fact that gummies kick is a lot quicker then other forms of edibles, this is especially true when you choose to slowly suck on the gummy which helps break it down into the bloodstream through the mucosal membranes in the mouth. The process of metabolization is skipped over allowing for the cannabinoids to take almost immediate effect.
What You Need to Make Cannabis Gummies
Unlike the process of crafting your cannabis to become suitable for baked cannabis goods, the process for gummies is much more complex. With baked goods it is fairly straightforward, you decarb your cannabis and then add it to a butter or oil for maximum potency. When creating cannabis gummies however the process requires extracting your cannabis into a form of concentrate, either a tincture or distillate is recommended. These require time, a specific knowledge and a required set of tools. We recommend you purchase either a CBD tincture or a CBD distillate from Haute Health, this will help speed up the process of making your own cannabis gummies and will ensure your concentrates comes from the highest quality buds in Canada. The more pure the concentrate is the better it is for your cannabis gummy recipe.
Before you get started on how to make cannabis gummies, you need to make sure you have the right cooking utensils, here is a list of what is required before you get cooking:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup and measuring spoons
- Silicone molds for what type of candy you want
- Turkey baster or syringe
The ingredients listed can be alerted to meet your specific needs , especially if you have issues with certain dietary items. Here we’ve put a list of appropriate ingredients together to help get you started on how to make THC gummies:
- Jelly cubes of your favourite flavour, fruit puree or Jell-O packs
- Juice that can be added or flavour. Water will work as well
- Packs of Gelatin
- Granulated sugar or honey
- Pink salt
- THC distillate or any other concentrate you decided on
There are hundreds of ways on how to make THC gummies that have a wide variety of unique options, from degrees of potency to specific flavours, how unique you want to get with your weed gummy recipe comes down to you and your needs. The recipe we have put together is simple and easy, especially for beginners making a batch for the first time.
The entire process should take around 45 minutes to an hour to complete your weed gummy recipe. Let use weed gummy bears as an example. Each weed gummy bear will contain around 20 mg of THC with around 50 gummy bears in total being made. If this is your first time eating edibles then we recommend dosing them to around 10 mg per gummy and if you feel you need them stronger then just eat more!
- 1 cup juice puree. Choose the puree flavour you want your gummies to be, you can use juice but puree makes for a thicker gummy compared to the water based juice.
- ¼ cup of water or coconut water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of gelatin
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar (you can add more to your personal taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon of pink salt
- 1-gram (1 ml) cannabis THC distillate (950mg)
- To get the right amount of THC for your batch, it’s best to add a certain amount of THC for how many gummies you are going to make. For this recipe the rule of thumb is 950mg of THC distillate for 50 gummies, this will equal around 20 mg per gummy. Naturally if you don’t want them to be 20 mg per gummy then add less distillate, if you want them stronger add more distillate.
- Follow the simple math: If you make 15 gummies and add 150 mf of THC then you will get 10mg per gummy.
- Step 1 – Take 1 cup of fruit puree and heat it in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 2 – As the puree heats, mix 1 ½ tablespoons of gelatin into a ¼ cup of water using a separate bowl, whisking until dissolved.
- Step 3 – While the puree reaches a low boil, add 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of pink salt, mixing until dissolved.
- Step 4 – While the puree simmers slowly add water and the gelatin mix in the saucepan. Heat this combination for 3 minutes, constantly mixing while adding sugar until you desired taste is reached.
- Step 5 – It’s important to keep your mixture below 180 degrees Celsius (to preserve all the terpenes) adding in your desired dosage of THC distillate, stirring until the mixture is consistent.
- Step 6 – When the mixture is consistent, begin to pour the gummy mix into either a turkey baster or condiment bottle. This allows for easy transfer when inserting the mixture into the gummy mold. Be careful as the liquid will be very hot.
- Step 7 – Add the mixture into the mold, allowing for around 20 minutes for the mixture to cool.
- Step 8 – Store mold mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to set.
- Step 9 – When the gummy mixture finishes setting, remove the mold and remove the individual gummies.
- Step 10 – Toss the gummies into a bowl adding sugar to stop them from sticking. You can also add lemon juice to provide a sour flavour.
After you’ve compalted your cannabis gummy recipe you’ll notice that the gummies will begin to sweat a bit, which is a normal occurrence. This will cause them to stick together, especially if you package them away straight after cooking. Allow for around 12-24 hours before adding sugar and storing in an airtight container. If you know you won’t be able to eat them all within a week or two, store them in the freezer and eat at your leisure for months on end.
Want to learn more about cannabis edibles? We’ve got a number of great articles that will help you both preserve your weed edibles and become a better edible chef!
Here at Haute Health we pride ourselves on being the number one online dispensary in Canada . Each day we offer discounted weed deals that range from a variety of amazing home-grown products, whether you’re looking for cannabis flowers, cannabis concentrates, buying kief online or a big old bag of weed shake. Haute Healh is the hub for cannabis in Canada and we guarantee you’ll find anything and everything you need to help with your medicating needs.
SHOP OUR WIDE RANGE OF MAIL ORDER MARIJUANA
Rockstar – Indica Dominant Hybrid(185) $3.00 – $1,209.60
Green Dream – Hybrid(249)
Bruce Banner – Sativa Dominant Hybrid(208) $7.00 – $2,822.40
Shipwreck – Sativa Dominant Hybrid(58)
Pandora’s Box – Hybrid(165) $3.00 – $1,209.60
Chem Fruit – Hybrid(297) $4.00 – $1,612.80